Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights are a set of guidelines for States and companies to prevent, address and remedy human rights abuses committed in business operations.
Use this resource to:
- Strategy: Adopt the standards and practices with regard to business and human rights so as to achieve tangible results for affected individuals and communities, and thereby also contribute to a socially sustainable globalisation.
- Governance: Embed the human rights policy throughout a business’ functions.
- Identify: Understand the responsibility of enterprises to respect human rights, depending on their scale and scope.
- Assess: Implement human rights due diligence.
- Set Targets: Design targets based on human rights due diligence assessment.
- Act: Learn how states and companies can prevent and address negative impacts on human rights by business.
- Monitor: Set up continued human rights due diligence for monitoring purposes.
- Disclose: Make publicly available human rights commitments and processes.