Natural Capital Protocol
Guidance that outlines a process organisations should follow to identify, measure and value their impacts and dependencies on the natural environment.
Use this resource to:
- Strategy: under construction
- Governance: under construction
- Identify: Identify stakeholders in order to set objectives for a natural capital assessment and to map the links between significant impacts and the business activities that affect or rely on them. This process helps organisations determine whether each impacted stakeholder is likely to affect their business model (and therefore enterprise value).
- Measure, assess and value: Value impacts and dependencies on natural capital. This methodology draws on organisational data, data collected from stakeholders and publicly available country- or sector-level data.
- Set targets and plan: Use the guidance on how to identify and engage with stakeholders in order to set objectives for a natural capital assessment.
- Implement: under construction